About Delta Gamma
The first Delta Gamma chapter was founded in 1873 by three young women in Oxford, Mississippi. 49 years later, in 1922, the Alpha Nu chapter of Delta Gamma was founded at USC! The Greek letters Delta and Gamma stand for “Do Good”-- and act as a constant reminder of the chapter’s commitment to our service and sisterhood.
Delta Gamma is proud to support the organization Service for Sight! Service for Sight has been at the core of the Delta Gamma mission since 1936 when a member who was blind petitioned members to adopt "Aid to the Blind"; as our official philanthropy. Through chapter events like Anchorbowl and Dessert with DG, Delta Gamma is able to support those with visual impairments across the country. Aside from our member's dedication inside of Delta Gamma, we are so proud to have members who are actively involved outside of the house and on campus as well. Delta Gamma is home to many student athletes, campus representatives and tour guides, honors society members, and women who are committed to philanthropic and service opportunities in Los Angeles and beyond.